Thursday, August 03, 2006

Bad News Confirmed

A visit to the Internet Cafe confirmed my worst fears. My memory stick is gone. It had a huge amount of research on it for the travel guide I'm now working on, plus a lot of my business records.

I can reconstruct or redo almost everything by going onto my online e-mail and places like Guru.com, where I get my writing assignments. It will take a lot of time to reconstruct it. And now, with two deadlines staring me in the face, that is the last thing I needed to happen. So, instead of languidly lounging on my hammock in my lovely back yard, gravely observing the rapidly growing mangos in our three mango trees, I'm going to be writing this weekend. Writing long houtrs this weekend.

Of course, isn't that the way it always works? When you are most vulnerable for a problem to happen, that's when it will happen?

Anyway, Ecuador Writer is offline and hitting the damage control gear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home