Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Disclosure by any other name...

An odd thing landed on my desk. I was asked to sign a Nondisclosure Agreement because someone wants to talk to me about a potential project. This is odd, because there is rarely anything you talk about in an initial meeting that would need a Nondisclosure Agreement.

The general meeting usually runs about like this:

“Nice to see you. I love what you did with that thing you wrote.”

“Thanks. I love your work. The last picture should have landed you an Oscar, maybe two.”

“Well, that’s how it goes sometimes. Have a drink?”

“Diet Coke if you got it.”

“Sure, bottoms up!”

“Cheers.”

“Did you see the last Tom Cruise fiasco?”

“Angels or Dodger fan?”

“Think Kobe can ever win a championship without Shaq?”

“Here’s what I do…”

“In general, we have an action/adventure project based on a true story.”

“Wow, sounds great!”

“We’ll get back to you.”

“Thanks for the diet coke.”

So why do you need a NDA for all that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home