Sunday, September 03, 2006

Phat Girlz

Well, I saw my face on the silver screen. When I was working on the movie Phat Girlz they needed a few extra bodies to play extras at a couple of shots. So I played a background part as a film cameraman at the fashion show. I also get my one second of fame when “Jasmine” is turned down for a loan at the bank. When she snatches the loan officer’s toupee and throws it, I’m the guy in the back watching it fly off.

Of course, if you watch it, you’ll be one of about 18 people who did watch the movie.

All of us have to be associated with disappointments at one time or another. There were so many problems with this production, challenges that needed to be overcome. The writer/director was a first-timer and a bit out of her depth. The production was shut down several times for money problems. In fact, a lot of people worked for cut rates to get it done. It was my second time working on a comedy. It was a lot of fun, but I think it could have been so much better with better financing and more experienced people at the helm.

Still, disappointments are part of this business. The good news is the check cashed and I have another credit for my resume.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home