Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ready For Work

Okay, it’s official. I’m chomping at the bit.

I still have no assignments, which makes it 10 days and the longest stretch this year I’ve been without a paying gig. Of course, in that time I almost worked myself into the ground. But ten days with lots of sleep has refreshed me wonderfully and I’m getting the old itch.

This weekend I fiddled around with a sci-fi novel I’ve played with off and on. I completely reworked the first chapter to give it a more focused opening and I like the result. I’ve decided to work on that until a paying proposition pops up.

It now looks like I’ll be going to Los Angeles and Palm Springs for the first week in October. I’ll do a few meetings and take care of some business issues. I hope to have an assignment before I hit the loony city, but if not, I’m sure I’ll have something by the time I head back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home